We are excited to announce the new addition of our 7th-8th grade junior high program! This option for your older students will still meet Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9am-3pm and will offer slightly longer class times to allow for deeper exploration into subject matter and lengthier projects and experiments. The program will include core subjects as well as a focus on the arts, world cultures, learning to defend your faith, and more. Lesson plans will be provided for your studies at home and students at this age, while not required, are strongly encouraged to use curriculum that coincides with our program in order to foster a more unified and comprehensive learning experience. Classes offered and curriculum choices are listed below, and more detailed information will be released as it is available in the coming months. For a detailed list of what is resources are provided by our program and what you are expected or encouraged to purchase, please refer HERE. Enrollment for the junior high program is NOW OPEN! The enrollment application can be found HERE.
- Defending Your Faith - Students will learn to defend their faith against several common fallacies with Master Books Introduction To Logic
- Writing/Literature Study - Students will read and study rich literature, write various types of essays related to their reading, and be introduced to Shakespeare.
- Mathematics - Pre-Algebra will be covered using Principles of Mathematics 1 & 2
- Science - Students will complete experiments and take an in-depth look at God's creation using Apologia Exploring Creation with General Science
- History - Keeping in line with the middle school classes, the junior high class will work through Mystery of History Volume 3: Renaissance, Reformation and Growth of Nations
- Geography & Cultures
- Art Appreciation - Students will be exposed to various artists and their artwork as well as numerous techniques used to create and design
- Music Appreciation - Not Consumed Still Singing will be used to learn musical theory, study hymns, and worship the Lord through song
- Foreign Language - This year, students will study Latin to help grow their vocabulary, improve their understanding of language, and encourage eloquence in writing as they prepare for their secondary years
- Health/Physical Education
- Life Skills
Recommended for At-Home Study: